To become an Uber driver, you need a car. If you are in the quest of getting to know the type of cars accepted by Uber company, then you have come the right way. In this post, we have not only brought you the list of cars accepted by Uber Nigeria, we have also given the Uber car requirements and why those listed cars where chosen.
Before we fully delve into the list of cars, let us first get our hands on the car requirements for Uber. This will help you understand what they expect; of your car does not meet these requirements, I am afraid your journey to become an Uber driver may end sadly and abruptly.
CAR REQUIREMENTS FOR UBER
- Any car to be used for Uber must be in a sound physical condition; it must be neat.
- It is Al’s required of the car to have a functional air-conditioning system.
- The radio system of the car must be in a good condition too.
- Th car must have four doors.
- Finally, the car must be under the coverage of insurance.
If your car meets these requirements, then you are good to go. We can then go ahead to give the list of cars accepted by Uber.
CARS ACCEPTED BY UBER COMPANY, NIGERIA
You should understand at this point that there is no official document stating the brand of cars to be used for Uber hailing services. The primary need is that the car meets the requirements listed above.
Thus, here is a mere suggestion of car brands or models you can use for Uber. But even at that, Uber only approve cars that are either SUVs or Saloon/Sedan cars.
What are these cars we are talking about?
- Toyota Prius
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Yaris
- Toyota Matrix
- Kia Cerato
- Kia Rio
- Honda Civic
- Mazda 3
- Hyundai Elantra
- Hyundai Accent
- Mazda 6
- Honda Element
- Honda Accord
- Toyota Camry
- Hyundai Tucson
- Honda Civic
- Hyundai Sonata
- Toyota Avalon
- Toyota Avensis
- Toyota Venza
- Nissan Xtera
- Mazda CX-7
- Nissan Maxima
- Nissan Rogue
- Kia Sportage
- Infiniti Q50
WHAT MAKES THIS LIST OF CARS OUTSTANDING FOR UBER?
Well, you could be wondering why we have just selected this few out of the host of car brands in Nigeria. But one thing you must know. We have chosen them for certain reasons:
- They are cheap and common in Nigeria.
- These cars have the physical qualities required.
- The cars are easy to maintain and repair, in case of breakdown because there spare parts are readily available.
We believe that of you have read up to this point, you have gotten all you should know the list of cars accepted by Uber Nigeria, based on our own suggestion.
Feel free to make your own suggestions; they’re welcomed.