Driving Uber has become one of the highest paying jobs in Nigeria. Many drivers are paying their bills from what they make from just taking people from one location to another. So if you have that zeal to make money from driving, and aided by cutting-edge technologies, this post is for you. Here is a definitive guide on how to become an Uber driver in Nigeria.
Uber as we know is an American ride-hailing company that operates in about 45 countries of the world. The company currently worths millions of dollars. Uber provides riding and sort of taxi services in metropolitan areas and major cities.
In Nigeria, Uber operates only in Lagos and Abuja. There services in these services in these cities have made life easier to those who dwell their. To join this company as a driver and make up N150, 000 and even more per month, follow the instructions we have given in this guide.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME AN UBER DRIVER?
Before you will be accepted to join Uber as a driver, you must meet certain requirements which qualifies you for the position. Here are those requirements for becoming an Uber driver in Nigeria:
- Interested drivers must be a minimum of 21 years old.
- You must have a valid driving licence for Nigeria.
- Completing a Safety Screening session is a necessity for becoming an Uber driver.
- If you pass the safety screening, you will watch a short training video to train you further.
VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS FOR UBER IN NIGERIA
Among how to become an Uber driver in Nigeria is the need to have a car which meets the requirements of the company. Uber has set that any car that must be used for Uber services must meet the following requirements:
- The car should be in a sound physical condition.
- The car must be one which has four doors
- It is required that the air conditioning system of the car must be working.
- It is required of a car for Uber business to have a working radio.
- The car must have insurance coverage before it will be allowed to hit the road as Uber vehicle.
Having known the requirements for both Uber drivers and cars for Uber, the next thing on the line is to apply for Uber driver.
HOW TO APPLY AND BECOME AN UBER DRIVER IN NIGERIA
- To register and become an Uber driver, follow this simply guide:
- First, sign up as a driver on Uber website. Follow this link and to get started: https://www.uber.com/signup/drive/
- Then upload your documents which include: driving licence, birth certificate and clear and recent passport photograph.
- Complete the Safety Screening and proceed the tutorial video of you passed the safety screening.
- Get your vehicle ready for the Uber service
- Activate your account and start driving and making good money.
The car for Uber can either be provided by you or given you by the Uber company themselves. If Uber gives you a car, a certain percentage will be going to the actual owner of the car.
Having gathered this knowledge about how you can become an Uber driver in Nigeria, what are you waiting for? Hit the road and make your money!