Driving is one of the most risky things we do on a daily basis. It exposes us to dangers and life threatening situations. As such, we strive every day to make sure that we get on and out of the road safe. In this post, you will learn the two safety precautions that should be taken before driving your car.
With these precautions before you, your safety in the road can be better assured. They will serve as road safety tips and nuggets that you will always remember while on the road. Now what are those two safety precautions?
Safety Precautions You Must Take Before Driving Your Car
1. Wear Your Seatbelt
The first and most important safety precautions you must take before you drive your car out is to wear your seatbelt. Cross it over your chest and knot it down. It is easy to do, as it does not require any special skill.
It will cost you nothing to wear a seatbelt, but it will cost your life if you fail to wear it and you unfortunately get involved in an accident.
What are the Importance of Wearing a Seatbelt?
The advantages of wearing a seatbelt cannot be over emphasized. It has become so important that you cannot get into some place while you are not in your seatbelt. But, we here is a summary of the importancd or advantages of wearing a seatbelt:
- Seatbelt helps to keep you in place during impacts or collision
- The seatbelt is a safety tool designed to work with the airbag. They help to keep you safe during accidents.
- It saves your life and that of other people on the road
- Wearing your seatbelt would prevent you from being fined by the road safety officers.
- When you do not wear your seatbelt, your car insurance fee will increase.
2. Do not Drink Before You Drive
Hitting the road while you are drunk is a like committing oneself directly to death. It is one of the safety precautions you must take before driving your car, not to get drunk.
The Dangers of Driving Drunk
You are putting your life and that of others at risk if you drive your car while you are drunk. You will face the following dangers wen are intoxicated by alcohol:
- Being drunk, you will experience poor vision.
- Alcohol will drain your psychology from making quick decision and you will end up making poor judgments on road
- While drunk, you will lack coordination and will experience slow reaction time.
- If you drunk and driving, you may face the wrath of the law if you are caught.
In conclusion, the two safety precautions you must take before driving your car are wearing your seatbelt and making sure you are not drunk. If you falter these precautions, you may be digging an early grave for yourself.